All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginal ideas for tapestries in the techniques of double weave, inlay, and pattern weave are detailed in engaging text and illustrated by over 90 beautiful color photos displaying the completed tapestries. This captivating book also details stories of the competitive/collaborative nature of commissions integral to the creation of many tapestries. The story begins with the artists work at Cranbrook Academy of Art. It continues with her work in Portland, Oregon, where it was embraced by art consultants, galleries, and collectors. This fascinating journey chronicles one artists long career through gorgeous tapestries and their histories, organized in chrological order. Each tapestry displayed presents a seminal idea of the artist and, as she states, a finished tapestry illuminates daily existence and is a part of the on-going chronicle of how design ideas are conceived and executed.
- Author BiographyJudith Poxson Fawkes is a working tapestry weaver in Portland, Oregon. She has been creating tapestries for over 47 years. She has completed 50 commissions that hang in diverse locations and 69 tapestries in public collections.
- Author(s)Judith Poxson Fawkes
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note98 color photos
- Weight1110 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.