All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvocative, haunting, and ultimately hopeful, Karenne Wood's Weaving the Boundary explores personal and collective memories and contemporary American Indian realities through lenses of human loss, desire, violence, and love. This focused, accessible collection carries readers into a deep and intimate understanding of the natural world, the power of language, and the interconnectedness of life. Untold stories are revealed through documented events in various tribal histories, and indictments of destructive encounters between Western colonialism and Native peoples are juxtaposed with a lyric voice that gently insists on reweaving the past, horing women and all life, creating a sovereign space for indigeus experience. Wood writes, Nothing was discovered. Everything was already loved. Political yet universal, Weaving the Boundary tells of love and betrayal, loss and forgiveness. Wood intertwines important and otherwise untold stories and histories with a heightened sense of awareness of Native peoples' issues and present realities. Moving from elegy to evocations of hope and desire, the poems call for respect toward Mother Earth and feminine sensibility. One hears in this collection a longing to be carried deeper into the world, to return to tradition, to nature, to truth, to an innate belonging in the weaving of all life.
- Author BiographyKarenne Wood holds an MFA in poetry from George Mason University and a PhD in linguistic anthropology from the University of Virginia, USA. She is an enrolled member of the Monacan Indian Nation and has served on the Monacan Tribal Council for many years. She directs the Virginia Indian Programs at the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities.
- Author(s)Karenne Wood
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleSun Tracks
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.85Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.