All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhilst enterprise techlogy departments have been steadily building their information and kwledge management portfolios, the Internet has generated new sets of tools and capabilities which provide opportunities and challenges for improving and enriching kwledge work. This book fills the gap between strategy and techlogy by focussing upon the functional capabilities of Web 2.0 in corporate environments and matching these to specific types of information requirement and behaviour. It takes a resource based view of the firm: why and how can the kwledge capabilities and information assets of organisations be better leveraged using Web 2.0 tools? Identifying the underlying benefits requires the use of frameworks beyond profitability and cost control. Some of these perspectives are t in the usual business vocabulary, but when applied, demonstrate the role that can be played by Web 2.0, how to manage towards these and how to assess success. Transactive memory systems, social uncertainty, identity theory, network dynamics, complexity theory, organisational memory and the demographics of inter- generational change are t part of rmal business parlance but can be used to clarify Web 2.0 application and potentiality.
- Author BiographyDr Paul Jackson is an information and knowledge management specialist who has been a systems developer, product development and project director, strategic consultant and university lecturer during an international career spanning 25 years. He has published widely and consults to government and industry.
- Author(s)Paul R. Jackson
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication30/03/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.