Web-Based Learning in K-12 Classrooms: Opportunities and Challenges by Jay Blanchard, James Marshall (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $147.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMake sure your students get the most from their online learning experiences Even though nearly every K-12 public school in the United States has broadband Internet access, the Web's vast potential as a teaching and learning tool has still t been realized. Web-based learning opportunities have been expensive, slow to develop, and time-consuming to implement, despite pressure on schools to adopt techlogy solutions that will cure their educational ills. Web-Based Learning in K-12 Classrooms: Opportunities and Challenges chronicles the up and downs of online learning and offers unique insights into its future, providing a comprehensive, curriculum-wide treatment of K-12 content areas (reading, science, mathematics, social studies), special education, counseling, virtual schools, exemplary schools, implementation issues, and educational Web sites. The Internet represents a powerful, complex set of techlogies that offers your students access to unlimited kwledge--but that access doesn't replace the human interactions found in classrooms. Placing a student in front of a computer monitor is a supplement to classroom learning, t a substitute for it. Academics and education professionals address questions surrounding the key issues involved in successfully incorporating the wide range of Web-based learning opportunities (formal courses, demonstrations, simulations, collaborations, searches) into the classroom, including techlogy, content, and implementation. Web-Based Learning in K-12 Classrooms examines: * inquiry-based learning * online interaction * displaying student work online * Internet accessibility for students with disabilities * initiating school counselors into e-learning techlogies * the role of government in virtual schools * Web-based schools in California, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Texas * a 13-category classification system for online educational resources * the ATLAS model for program implementation * evaluations of more than 1,000 pieces of online information (articles, research, reports, news, and statistics) and 900 Web applications (tutorials, drills, games, and tests) with evaluation criteria Web-Based Learning in K-12 Classrooms is a vital resource for educators interested in online learning applications across the K-12 curriculum.
- Author(s)James Marshall,Jay Blanchard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication09/06/2005
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width158 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.