Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.79+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe total number of web pages today has been estimated at over 3 billion, spanning millions of individual websites. Not surprisingly, there is tremendous pressure on web developers and designers to remain current with the latest techlogies. The Web Site Cookbook from O'Reilly covers all the essential skills that you need to create engaging, visitor-friendly websites. It helps you with the practical issues surrounding their inception, design, and maintenance. With recipes that teach both routine and advanced setup tasks, the book includes clear and professional instruction on a host of topics, including: registering domains; ensuring that hostnames work; managing the directory; maintaining and troubleshooting a website; site promotion; visitor tracking; implementing e-commerce systems; and linking with sales sites. This handy guide also tackles the various elements of page design. It explains how to control a reader's eye flow, how to choose a template system, how to set up a color scheme, and more. Typical of O'Reilly's Cookbook series, the Web Site Cookbook is written in a straightforward format, featuring recipes that contain problem statements and solutions. A detailed explanation then follows each recipe to show you how and why the solution works. This question-solution-discussion format is a proven teaching method, as any fan of the Cookbook series can attest to. Regardless of your strong suit or your role in the creation and life of a website, you can benefit from the teachings found in the Web Site Cookbook . It's a must-have tool for advancing your skills and making better sites.
- Author BiographyDoug Addison, (Austin TX) is the Owner of Doug Addison Web Productions. He specializes in advanced Web site designs, strategic and content management, databases for Web productions, writing and editing for the Web, managing Web project assets and writers, programmers, artists and designers. His clients include diverse organizations such as: the University of Texas McDonald Observatory, Motorola, Aid to Artisans, Inc., CMP Media, Lawyers' Committee of Texas, and Texas Weekly. Small Web Sites, Great Results is his first book.
- Author(s)Doug Addison
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication24/02/2006
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.