Web and Network Data Science: Modeling Techniques in Predictive Analytics by Thomas W. Miller (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $130.29+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $134.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionMaster modern web and network data modeling: both theory and applications. In Web and Network Data Science, a top faculty member of Northwestern University's prestigious analytics program presents the first fully-integrated treatment of both the business and academic elements of web and network modeling for predictive analytics. Some books in this field focus either entirely on business issues (e.g., Google Analytics and SEO); others are strictly academic (covering topics such as sociology, complexity theory, ecology, applied physics, and ecomics). This text gives today's managers and students what they really need: integrated coverage of concepts, principles, and theory in the context of real-world applications. Building on his pioneering Web Analytics course at Northwestern University, Thomas W. Miller covers usability testing, Web site performance, usage analysis, social media platforms, search engine optimization (SEO), and many other topics. He balances this practical coverage with accessible and up-to-date introductions to both social network analysis and network science, demonstrating how these disciplines can be used to solve real business problems.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS W. MILLER is faculty director of the Predictive Analytics program at Northwestern University. He has designed courses for the program, including Marketing Analytics, Advanced Modeling Techniques, Data Visualization, Web and Network Data Science, and the capstone course. He has taught extensively in the program and works with more than forty other faculty members in delivering training in predictive analytics and data science. Miller is co-founder and director of product development at ToutBay, a publisher and distributor of data science applications. He has consulted widely in the areas of retail site selection, product positioning, segmentation, and pricing in competitive markets, and has worked with predictive models for over 30 years. Miller's books include Modeling Techniques in Predictive Analytics (Revised and Expanded Edition), Modeling Techniques in Predictive Analytics with Python and R, Data and Text Mining: A Business Applications Approach, Research and Information Services: An Integrated Approach for Business, and a book about predictive modeling in sports, Without a Tout: How to Pick a Winning Team. Before entering academia, Miller spent nearly 15 years in business IT in the computer and transportation industries. He also directed the A. C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Research and taught market research and business strategy at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He holds a Ph.D. in psychology (psychometrics) and a master's degree in statistics from the University of Minnesota, and an MBA and master's degree in economics from the University of Oregon.
- Author(s)Thomas W. Miller
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/12/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson FT Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight812 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.