About this product
- DescriptionAs the Internet has become flooded with untrustworthy information, some of which is intentionally misleading or erroneous, this book teaches Web surfers how inaccurate data can affect their health, privacy, investments, business decisions, online purchases, and legal affairs. Bringing together the world's leading information-age observers, analysts, writers, and practitioners, this analysis reveals the Web as fertile ground for deception and misinformation. These experts provide hard-won advice on how to recognise misinformation in its myriad forms and disguises. Included are an array of tips on how to evaluate Web sites for quality and bias, checklists for navigating the Internet more effectively, and advice for those who have been duped.
- Author BiographyAnne P. Mintz has taught online database searching at the Columbia University Graduate School of Library Service. She is currently the director of knowledge management at Forbes, Inc. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Anne P. Mintz
- PublisherCyberAge Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2002
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationMedford, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCyberAge Books
- Out-of-print date08/12/2014
- Content Notetables
- Weight412 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byAnne P. Mintz
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.