All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough largely replaced by the modern A-Z thesaurus format, the thematic organization of the original Roget thesaurus set the standard for many years. This new edition of the rewned Webster's New World(TM) Thesaurus combines a thematic index, based on Roget's original categories, with the proven usefulness of its A-Z listing. New introductory material and an interpretive essay on Roget and his work reintroduce Roget's organizational technique to a new generation of thesaurus users. A helpful appendix produces lists of important terms grouped by their endings such as -cracy/-crat (government types), -ology/-ologist (field of scholarship), and more. Webster's New World(TM) Roget's A-Z Thesaurus gives writers what they really need -- more synyms, with the broadest and most useful range of comparisons, examples, and related terms and ideas. It is the only college thesaurus to offer synym discussion paragraphs and clearly distinguished example lists. Writers and speakers everywhere will find that when they have to say it better, Webster's New World(TM) Roget's A-Z Thesaurus, unique in concept and revolutionary in design, can help them say it best.
- Author(s)Charlton Laird,Staff of Webster's New World Dictionary
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- Date of Publication10/05/1999
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1868 g
- Width200 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.