Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionWEBSTER'S NEW WORLD THESAURUS opens up the world of words and leads you to more precise and more effective communication. Thousands of synym entries include the broadest and most useful word comparisons and the greatest number of examples of any thesaurus, with more grammatical and usage information and a greater variety of related terms. Entries are arranged in alphabetical order so synyms are easy to find. A new index, based on Roget's original index and updated for the 21st century, w lets you browse the thesaurus by theme, directing you to related entries. Users accustomed to a Roget-style thesaurus will appreciate this alternate way to explore A-Z listings. And word buffs will enjoy specialized word lists, such as phobias and animal group names. Writers and speakers everywhere kw that when you have to say it better, WEBSTER'S NEW WORLD THESAURUS is the essential word resource.
- Author BiographyCharlton Laird, first Hilliard Distinguished Professor of the Humanities (University of Nevada, Reno), and holder of both earned and honorary doctoral degrees, has devoted a lifetime to writing and teaching. His mastery and vast knowledge of language are reflected in the pages of Webster's New World(TM) Thesaurus.
- Author(s)Charlton Laird,Webster's New World
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2003
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Out-of-print date21/11/2016
- Content Noteindex
- Weight247 g
- Width106 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Revised byMichael E. Agnes
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.