All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it was first published, Roger Tory Peterson said of Weeds and Wildflowers in Winter (originally published as Wildflowers and Winter Weeds), this book will be a joy to those wood-walkers and strollers who have been puzzled by the skeletal remains of herbaceous plants that they see in winter. And indeed, it has been in print for decades, helping both wood-walkers and botanists identify and better understand the weeds we see in winter. This charming guide identifies more than 135 common species of wildflowers and weeds found in the rtheastern United States. Each plant is superbly illustrated with a full-page drawing accompanied by an elegant description of the plant's key characteristics. In addition, a step-by-step key to plant identifications and an illustrated glossary of common plant parts and botanical terms make this book an even more valuable resource. If you've ever wanted to kw what those plants you see sticking up out the sw are, you'll appreciate this lovely, useful book.
- Author BiographyLauren Brown, a graduate of the Yale School of Forestry, has taught plant identification and other topics at Yale and for the CT Audubon Society. She lives in Brandford, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Lauren Brown
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication20/11/2012
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight330 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.