All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.38
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $18.61
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionWITH AN INTRODUCTION BY HILAIRE BELLOC In the course of a career that encompassed nearly one hundred vels and short story collections (written over more than seventy years), P.G. Wodehouse established himself as t only a fond satirist of the foppish upper class, but one of the greatest comic voices in all literature. Including stories featuring all his finest creations, including Jeeves, Lord Emsworth of Blandings, Ukridge and the disreputable members of the Drones club, this collection is an ideal introduction to the writer described by Douglas Adams as 'the greatest comic writer ever'.
- Author BiographyThe author of almost a hundred books and the creator of Jeeves, Blandings Castle, Psmith, Ukridge, Uncle Fred and Mr Mulliner, P.G. Wodehouse was born in 1881 and educated at Dulwich College. After two years with the Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank he became a full-time writer, contributing to a variety of periodicals. As well as his novels and short stories, he wrote lyrics for musical comedies, and at one stage had five shows running simultaneously on Broadway. At the age of 93, in the New Year's Honours List of 1975, he received a long-overdue Knighthood, only to die on St Valentine's Day some 45 days later.
- Author(s)P. G. Wodehouse
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Content Note1
- Weight321 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Introduction byHilaire Belloc
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.