Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionNATIONAL BESTSELLER Julie Holland thought she knew what crazy was. Then she came to Bellevue. For nine eventful years, Dr. Holland was the weekend physician in charge of the psychiatric emergency room at New York City's Bellevue Hospital. In this absorbing memoir, Holland recounts stories from her vast case files that are alternately terrifying, tragically comic, and profoundly moving: the serial killer, the naked man barking like a dog in Times Square, the schizophrenic begging for an injection of club soda to quiet the voices in his head, the subway conductor who watched a young woman pushed into the path of his train. Writing with uncommon candor, Holland supplies t only a page-turner with all the fast-paced immediacy of a TV medical drama but also a fascinating glimpse into the inner lives of doctors who struggle to maintain perspective in a world where sanity is in the eye of the beholder.
- Author BiographyJulie Holland, M.D., is a psychiatrist specializing in psychopharmacology. An assistant professor of psychiatry at NYU School of Medicine, she spent her weekends running the psychiatric emergency room at Bellevue Hospital for nine years. She is the editor of <i>Ecstasy: The Complete Guide-A Comprehensive Look at the Risks and Benefits of MDMA.</i> She lectures widely and has been quoted in <i>Time, Harper's, Slate, </i> the <i>Los Angeles Times</i>, and <i>The Wall Street Journal.</i> Holland has appeared as a medical expert regarding mental illness and drug use on numerous television shows, including <i>Today</i> and <i>Good Morning America.</i> She runs a private practice in New York City and lives with her husband and two children in the Hudson Valley. <i>From the Hardcover edition.</i>
- Author(s)Julie Holland
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight236 g
- Width136 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.