Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band: Everything You Need to Know Before and After Surgery to Lose Weight Successfully by Linda Rohrbough, Robert Sewell (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.00+ AU $8.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by betterbooks
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are one of the 40 million Americans overweight to the point of recommended surgical intervention, the Adjustable Gastric Band (AGB or the band ) may be the safest, most effective weight-loss method for you.Unlike conventional weight-loss surgery, which can lead to serious medical complications and nutritional deficiencies, the AGB is a minimally invasive procedure that leaves the digestive system completely intact. Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band provides a comprehensive weight management program, whether you're considering or preparing for the procedure or already living with the band. Expert laparoscopic surgeon Dr. Robert Sewell and patient-expert Linda Rohrbough evaluate all the promises, hype, and misinformation about this popular surgical solution-including preparation, the procedure itself, and the required post-op lifestyle changes. Drawing from interviews with dozens of AGB patients, you'll hear of the particular challenges with the band, success stories, and even the medical miracles (such as remission of type 2 diabetes)-alongside expert insight from nutrition, exercise, and psychology authorities. Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band is the essential guide to help you commit to a healthy regime and affect the lifestyle changes to lose weight and manage your hunger-for the rest of your life.
- Author BiographyRobert W. Sewell, M.D., F.A.C.S., is an award-winning laparoscopic surgeon and is the current president of the American Society of General Surgeons. He has taught laparoscopic techniques all over the world, and he has treated more than 300 AGB patients. Dr. Sewell lives and practices outside Dallas, Texas. Linda Rohrbough is a best-selling author thrice honored by the Computer Press Association for her writing about the computer industry. A patient of Dr. Sewell's, she has lost 136 pounds since receiving a Lap-band in 2004. She lives outside Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Linda Rohrbough,Robert Sewell
- PublisherMarlowe & Co
- Date of Publication12/02/2008
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarlowe & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight328 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.