All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum of the University of Minnesota stands like a beacon on the banks of the Mississippi River in Minneapolis. The first art museum designed by Frank Gehry, the Weisman introduces the structural and sculptural qualities that would become the hallmarks of his later works, including the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, the Experience Music Project in Seattle, and the Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles. With an exterior that has been described as a shiny ice castle and an exploding tin can, and an interior that was declared by Herbert Muschamp of the New York Times to be five of the most gorgeous galleries on earth, the Weisman boldly proclaims its creativity and artistic vision inside and out. An insightful essay by longtime museum director Lyndel King complements eighty photographs of the building, shot from every angle, to give an impressionistic and comprehensive view of this foundational Gehry project. Now celebrating its tenth anniversary, the Weisman is fully established as an art venue in the vibrant cultural community of the Twin Cities and as a milestone in the development of Gehry's revolutionary architectural style.
- Author(s)Weisman Art Museum
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication07/11/2003
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations (some col.), 1 port.
- Weight163 g
- Width140 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.