All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA witty, yet stirring firsthand account of dealing with the daily difficulties of Tourettes Syndrome--a neurological disorder characterized by physical and verbal tics--Jess Thom shares a year of her life, detailing the entire spectrum of her experiences. From arm and leg tics that can occasionally be life-threatening to uncontrollable verbal outbursts--she says the word biscuit an average of 16 times per minute--Jess manages with the support of a close network of friends and family, as well as encountering strangers who can be unpredictably helpful and harmful. At once funny and shocking, tender and moving, this memoir provides a courageous and optimistic voice in the face of the major challenges, leaving readers with an inspiring message of resilience.
- Author BiographyJess Thom studied drawing at Camberwell College of Art, works as the project coordinator at Oasis Children s Venture in South London, and writes her daily blog www. touretteshero.com. Stephen Fry is an actor, a screenwriter, a comedian, and a director who is well known for his collaborations with Hugh Laurie in A Bit of Fry and Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster, his appearances in such films as Alice in Wonderland, Gosford Park, and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, and his recurring guest role on the television show Bones. He is the author of The Liar, Making History, The Moab is My Washpot, The Ode Less Travelled, Revenge, and Stephen Fry in America.
- Author(s)Jessica Thom
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Content NoteLine drawings
- Weight295 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.