Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on his experiences from the time he spent in Ireland, Brian paints a unique picture of a contemporary immigrant's life. It is an adventure undertaken by an African person as he strives to find his place in modern Irish society. Follow him through this journey of discovery. It starts during the exciting and prosperous boom times and runs up until the onset of more challenging times. You will look at Ireland from a different perspective and see it as never before. What is life really like for the New Irish, the Black immigrants? This story will take you through the highs and lows, the joys and perils experienced by a Black professional in Ireland. You will also take a peek at the impact that the changes in the nation's fortunes and make-up have had on a section of Irish society that you may have rarely heard from. Conventional wisdom, age old practices and the issues pertaining to race are confronted as he takes an up-close and personal look at his experiences. This story will challenge your beliefs, question your assumptions and possibly shake you to the core.
- Author BiographyBrian has travelled, studied, taught and plied his engineering trade in a number of countries. He holds an MBA and engineering degrees in electronics, telecommunications and computing. His interests include gardening, reading and robotics. That is all he feels he should have been doing all along.
- Author(s)Brian Chama
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.