All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter being beaten into a brain-damaging coma by five men outside a bar, Mark builds a 1/6th scale World War II-era town in his backyard. Mark populates the town he dubs Marwencol with dolls representing his friends and family and creates life-like photographs detailing the town's many relationships and dramas. Playing in the town and photographing the action helps Mark to recover his hand-eye coordination and deal with the psychic wounds of the attack. When Mark and his photographs are discovered, a prestigious New York gallery sets up an art show. Suddenly Mark's homemade therapy is deemed art , forcing him to choose between the safety of his fantasy life in Marwencol and the real world that he's avoided since the attack. This book is two parts: Mark's personal story and the fictional story Mark created called Marwencol.
- Author BiographyMark Hogancamp and Marwencol have been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Psychology Today, Huffington Post, Denver Post, Oakland Tribune, Austin Chronicle, and dozens of other magazines and newspapers, making this a truly national story about the restorative effects of art.
- Author(s)Chris Shellen,Mark E. Hogancamp
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width191 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.65
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.