All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA diabolical government asserts control by eliminating orgasm from sex in the title story of Welcome to the Monkey House - setting the tone for a collection shot through with Vonnegut's acrid wit, and his bewilderment at the corruption of humanity. From riffs on country music, George Bush, and his mother's midnight mania, to a bitter-sweet tribute to a dead friend, Palm Sunday demonstrates why Kurt Vonnegut is equally well kwn as an essayist and commentator as he is a velist. This caustic, funny and poignant collection resonates with Vonnegut's singular voice.
- Author BiographyKurt Vonnegut, Jr. was born in Indianapolis in 1922 and studied biochemistry at Cornell University. During the Second World War he served in Europe and, as a prisoner of war in Germany, witnessed the destruction of Dresden by Allied bombers, an experience which inspired the canonic war novel Slaughterhouse-Five. He is the author of thirteen other novels, which include Cat's Cradle, Jailbird, Deadeye Dick, Galapagos and Bluebeard, two collections of stories, and three non-fiction books. He died in 2007.
- Author(s)Kurt Vonnegut
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication21/07/1994
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight464 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.