All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionTeachers in multilingual classrooms have been working for some years to improve their repertoire of ways to address the needs of very young children who enter school t speaking the language of instruction. The work of 22 seasoned teachers and administrators in international schools all over the world, this book contains a wealth of information for classroom teachers, enabling them to face a new school year with confidence, and for administrators to understand more clearly what is involved in the teaching of young children who do t yet understand the school's language. Written by teachers well experienced in addressing the needs of this young and vulnerable group, this book will come as a boon to new teachers presented with a multilingual classroom for the first time.
- Author BiographyEdna Murphy, after a short career as a teacher, became head of primary schools first in London and then Brussels. She founded and edited for 22 years the International Schools Journal, a semi-annual publication now in its 30th year. She later conceived of, edited and contributed to a book entitled ESL: A Handbook for Teachers and Administrators in International Schools. She also served for many years on the Board of the European Council of International Schools. In this capacity and well into her retirement she headed accreditation teams to schools in Europe, Asia and Africa, the primary school being her particular interest.
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleParents' and Teachers' Guides
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight410 g
- Width170 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byEdna Murphy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.