Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- Description1940. London is facing the full wrath of the blitz and amid the chaos Sheila Phipps is orphaned after a devastating air raid claims her family and her home. She is evacuated to Bletchley to live with her aunt Constance, where she forms an unlikely friendship with Prudence Le Strange, who is working in the code breaking unit at Bletchley. As their friendship grows stronger, the war subjects Sheila and Prue to fresh tragedies as, one by one, those they love are called away to distant battlefields, only to join the growing ranks of the missing, the captured and the dead. As the war escalates, the two friends find their lives increasingly complicated t only by the secrets of wartime but by those the conflict has dredged up from the past.
- Author BiographyBorn in Singapore, Mary Nichols spent most of her life in East Anglia. She wrote short stories and articles for a variety of newspapers and magazines, but later turned to writing novels. Mary died in 2016.
- Author(s)Mary Nichols
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Weight476 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.