All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudents love math games and puzzles, but how much are they really learning from the experience? Too often, math games are thought of as just a fun activity or enrichment opportunity. Well Played shows you how to make games and puzzles an integral learning component that provides teachers with unique access to student thinking. The twenty-five games and puzzles in Well Played, which have all been field-tested in diverse classrooms, contain: * explanations of the mathematical importance of each game or puzzle and how it supports student learning; * variations for each game or puzzle to address a range of learning levels and styles* clear step-by-step directions; and* classroom vignettes that model how best to introduce the featured game or puzzle. The book also includes a separate chapter with suggestions for how to effectively manage games and puzzles in diverse classrooms; reproducibles that provide directions, game boards, game cards, and puzzles; assessment ideas; and suggestions for online games, puzzles, and apps. Well Played will help you tap the power of games and puzzles to engage students in sustained and productive mathematical thinking.
- Author BiographyJayne Bamford Lynch is a district math instructional coach in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, where she spends most of her days in elementary classrooms supporting coaches, teachers, and students. Karen Gartland is a mathematics coordinator and classroom teacher at Groton-Dunstable Middle School, USA. She enjoys working with students of all ages with a focus on conceptual understanding of mathematics through critical thinking and application as well as best practices for integrating technology. Linda Dacey, professor of mathematics and education at Lesley University, USA, began her career teaching at the elementary level and early in her career, received an NSF grant to develop a model program for preparing middle school teachers.
- Author(s)Jayne Bamford Lynch,Karen Gartland,Linda Dacey
- PublisherStenhouse Publishers
- Date of Publication23/11/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationYork, Maine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStenhouse Publishers
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Foreword byKassia Omuhundro Wedekind
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.