All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.40Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about my relationship with jam, my soul, music, and the world in which I live. When I make jam I slow down, my actions become rhythmical, my thinking clear. The repetitive motions of washing, stirring, pouring, and labeling allow me the space to think about my life-- what it means to be starting over and how I can embrace this stage of my life with vitality and joy. With warmth and love, Joan Hassol takes us on an evocative journey through raspberry patches, in search of beach plums, down memory's lane, and ultimately to her bed-and-breakfast on Cape Cod, where her jam business, Well Preserved, is in full operation. In over seventy easy-to-prepare recipes-- ne of which requires special equipment-- she reveals how to create such goodies as blueberry, wild cherry, and concord grape jams, five-fruit marmalade, pear with frangelico jam, and green tomato chutney, as well as breads, muffins, and cakes to complement the preserves or to serve on their own. Well Preserved is a jam-making hymnal, a vibrant celebration of nature's rich bounty, as much about the soul as cooking.
- Author BiographyJoan Hassol, </b> mother of six and grandmother of nine, started herjam-making business, Well Preserved, in 1990. She lives in Brewster, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Joan Hassol
- PublisherPrentice Hall (a Pearson Education company)
- Date of Publication02/06/1998
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPrentice Hall & IBD
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.