All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWellness Issues for Higher Education is an essential resource that addresses a range of student wellness issues confronting professionals in college and university settings. Organized around five dimensions of Wellness-Emotional, Social, Intellectual, Physical, and Spiritual-this book comprehensively covers key topics that contribute to students' success in college. Each topical chapter includes proactive wellness advice, and is designed to prepare the reader to better understand the facts, issues, and strategies appropriate for addressing the issue. Each Chapter Features: * Background information, theory, and research * Historical and emerging issues * Common questions, controversies, challenging situations, and misconceptions * Practical applications for the campus This practical guide prepares practitioners to understand and deal with the wellness and health promotion issues contributing to their students' overall success and well-being. Armed with this valuable resource, higher education and student affairs professionals can work to improve academic performance, retention, satisfaction, and quality of life. This thorough resource will guide those working at any level in residence life, student activities, orientation, health education, student leadership, advising, instruction, and other areas of student development.
- Author BiographyDavid S. Anderson is a professor of education and human development and the director of the Center for the Advancement of Public Health at George Mason University. He has secured more than 160 grants totaling over $9 million, serves on the university's Board of Visitors as well as on numerous other university and college committees, as well as state and national advisory groups. His research focuses on drug and alcohol abuse prevention, health promotion, and strategic planning, with attention to youth and young adults. Prior to arriving at George Mason University, Dr. Anderson served as a student affairs administrator at Ohio University, Virginia Tech, Radford University and The Ohio State University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/07/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDavid S. Anderson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.