Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with the King's Cook, who is preparing a sumptuous Christmas Pie, Wenceslas takes us to a medieval feast. The lords and ladies are at their places, the wine is in full flow, the musicians are playing in the gallery and the entertainment has begun. All should be perfect. But when the good King looks up from his table he sees something more than just sw, falling deep and crisp and even ...In reimagining the much-loved carol of King Wenceslas, Carol Ann Duffy's wonderful new poem offers merriment and festive cheer, but also celebrates what is truly important at this special time of year: the simple acts of kindness that each of us can show ather.
- Author BiographyCarol Ann Duffy lives in Manchester, where she is Professor and Creative Director of the Writing School at Manchester Metropolitan University. She has written for both children and adults, and her poetry has received many awards, including the Signal Prize for Children's Verse, the Whitbread and Forward Prizes, the Costa Prize for poetry, and the Lannan and E. M. Forster Prize in America. In 2005 she won the T. S. Eliot Prize for Rapture. She was appointed Poet Laureate in 2009.
- Author(s)Carol Ann Duffy
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight119 g
- Width138 mm
- Height128 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.