Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionElla Hickson's version of J.M. Barrie's much-loved story puts the character of Wendy firmly centre stage, in an adaptation that is refreshingly modern but never loses the charm of the original. Winter, 1909. Sw is falling across London. Wendy Darling and her brothers sleep peacefully in their bedroom, as their parents bicker downstairs. In a sudden flurry of sw their window blows open, and into their lives tumbles a mischievous boy called Peter, followed by a fractious fairy called Tink. With the aid of a little fairy dust, Wendy agrees to fly with Peter to Neverland, seeing t only the promise of an awfully big adventure, but also the chance to rediscover the key to her parents' lost happiness. Once there, she will give the Lost Boys a run for their money, defeat Captain Hook and his pirate crew, and ultimately, learn what it means to grow up. Commissioned by the Royal Shakespeare Company, Ella Hickson's Wendy & Peter Pan premiered at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon, in December 2013. The play will suit any theatre company or youth group looking to stage a classic tale, full of magic, adventure and strong female roles. -[A] sensitive, funny and intelligent reworking... I laughed, I gasped, I cried - it is wonderful to be transported so completely by a piece of theatre.- - WhatsOnStage -Delightful... a warm, sensitive and humorous reboot.- - Evening Standard -Resoundingly successful... witty, pointed, adventuresome... Hickson isn't just subverting this story, she is strengthening it.- - The Times (London) -Wittily inventive... a constant joy to behold.- - Guardian Ella Hickson is an award-winning and critically acclaimed playwright. Her debut play Eight won a Fringe First and played in London and New York. Other work includes Precious Little Talent (Trafalgar Studios), Boys (HighTide Festival, then Soho Theatre), Hot Mess (Latitude Festival, then The Arcola) and The Authorised Kate Bane (Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh).
- Author BiographyElla Hickson is an award-winning and critically acclaimed playwright. Her debut play Eight won a Fringe First and played in London and New York. Other work includes Precious Little Talent (Trafalgar Studios), Boys (HighTide Festival, then Soho Theatre), Hot Mess (Latitude Festival, then The Arcola) and The Authorised Kate Bane (Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh). SIR JAMES MATTHEW BARRIE (1860-1937) was a Scottish author and dramatist best remembered today as the creator of Peter Pan. His other plays for the stage include The Admirable Crichton, What Every Woman Knows and Mary Rose.
- Author(s)Ella Hickson
- PublisherNick Hern Books
- Date of Publication09/12/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNick Hern Books
- Out-of-print date22/10/2015
- Weight159 g
- Width113 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.