All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new mograph captures the life and work of a Magnum great, Werner Bischof, and features his most iconic images, as well as insight into his life as a photojournalist and artist. Kwn for his postwar social documentary work, Bischof was inspired to become a journalist after the ruin of World War II left him unable to be a passive observer. He traveled documenting both the suffering of the postwar world and the day-to-day life within traditional cultures affected by industry and techlogy. This expansive collection brings together these photographs, organized geographically - Europe, India, Japan and Korea, Hong Kong, Indochina, and North and South America. Accompanying the photographs are the contact sheets, letters, diaries, and sketches that give an intimate glimpse into his creative process, revealing the highlights, struggles, and his vulnerability. The book encapsulates Bischof's far-reaching search for human connection through storytelling and is a testament to his relentless obsession to find harmony and beauty. In the words of Simon Maurer, his photographs open up worlds. And true to this quote, this book provides a time capsule of the postwar world, opened up by the compelling and profound story of the life of this adventurous artist.
- Author(s)Fred Ritchin,Marco Bischof,Werner Bischof,Werner Bischof Estate
- Date of Publication09/05/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note390 illustrations, 180 in colour
- Weight2130 g
- Width250 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.