All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough Richard Wagner composed only a small number of songs, several of those he created hold an important place in the history of the lied. This volume contains 20 songs, virtually all the surviving works he completed for voice and pia, reprinted from the authoritative Breitkopf & Hartel edition.The songs range from Wagner's seven early settings of texts from Goethe's Faust to the five touching songs with verses by the composer's lover and patroness Mathilde Wesendonk, two of which originated as sketches for Tristan und Isolde. The Wesendonk Lieder, which were never orchestrated by Wagner, are presented here in their original version. In all, this volume represents a rare opportunity for singers and musicians any music lover to study and enjoy a set of familiar masterpieces along with a number of fascinating works that illuminate Wagner's earlier development.
- Author BiographyComposer, conductor, theater director, and essayist Richard Wagner (183083) is best remembered for his operas. His compositions are characterized by their complex texture, rich harmonies and orchestrations, and elaborate use of leitmotifs musical themes associated with individual characters, places, and ideas. Wagner wrote both the music and libretti for every one of his works.
- Author(s)Richard Wagner
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/1992
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight284 g
- Width213 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.