Western Civilization: Ideas, Politics, and Society: Volume I: To 1789 by Margaret Jacob, Marvin Perry, James Jacob, Theodore H. Von Laue, Myrna Chase (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $124.92+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWESTERN CIVILIZATION, Tenth Edition, maintains a firm grounding in political history, while covering intellectual history (particularly the significance of ideas and contributions) to greater and deeper extent than any other text for the course. Kwn for its accessible writing style, this text appeals to students and instructors alike for its brevity, clarity, and careful selection of content including its enhanced focus on religion and philosophy. Updated with more recent scholarship, the Tenth edition retains many popular features, including comparative timelines, full-color art essays, profiles, and primary source boxes in each chapter. New techlogy resources (available separately), including CourseMate with interactive eBook, make learning more engaging and bring history concepts to life.
- Author BiographyMarvin Perry, now retired, taught history at Baruch College, City University of New York. He has published several successful Cengage Learning texts, including WESTERN CIVILIZATION: IDEAS, POLITICS, AND SOCIETY (senior author and general editor); WESTERN CIVILIZATION: A BRIEF HISTORY; the leading Western Civilization reader, SOURCES OF THE WESTERN TRADITION; AN INTELLECTUAL HISTORY OF MODERN EUROPE; SOURCES OF EUROPEAN HISTORY SINCE 1900 (senior editor); HUMANITIES IN THE WESTERN TRADITION (senior author and general editor); and WORLD WAR II IN EUROPE: A CONCISE HISTORY. His scholarly work includes ARNOLD TOYNBEE AND THE WESTERN TRADITION (1996); coauthor of ANTISEMITISM: MYTH AND HATE FROM ANTIQUITY TO THE PRESENT (2002); coeditor of ANTISEMITIC MYTHS: A HISTORICAL AND CONTEMPORARY ANTHOLOGY (2008); and coeditor of THE THEORY AND PRACTICE OF ISLAMIC TERRORISM: AN ANTHOLOGY (2008). Dr. Perry's scholarly work focuses on the history of ideas. Margaret C. Jacob is a well-known scholar in early modern European history, and a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Her most recent book is THE FIRST KNOWLEDGE ECONOMY. HUMAN CAPITAL AND EUROPEAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT 1750-1850. She currently teaches in the history department at UCLA. Her publications include: THE NEWTONIANS AND THE ENGLISH REVOLUTION (1978) and THE RADICAL ENLIGHTENMENT: PANTHEISTS, FREEMASONS, AND THE SCIENTIFIC REVOLUTION (1981). James R. and Margaret C. Jacob have jointly edited THE ORIGINS OF ANGLO-AMERICAN RADICALISM (1983). As co-author of the Cengage Learning text WESTERN CIVILIZATION: IDEAS, POLITICS, AND SOCIETY she contributes the chapters on the Reformation, the National State, the Scientific Revolution, and the Enlightenment. James R. Jacob was Professor of History (now retired) at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, CUNY. His publications include ROBERT BOYLE AND THE ENGLISH REVOLUTION (1978) and HENRY STUBBE: RADICAL PROTESTANTISM AND THE EARLY ENLIGHTENMENT (1983). James R. and Margaret C. Jacob have jointly edited THE ORIGINS OF ANGLO-AMERICAN RADICALISM (1983). As co-author of the Cengage Learning text WESTERN CIVILIZATION: IDEAS, POLITICS, AND SOCIETY he contributes the chapters on the Renaissance and European Expansion. Myrna Chase, emerita professor, dean of liberal arts, and provost of Baruch College, City University of New York, is a specialist in 19th and 20th century western European history, with a special interest in England and France and the history of political and social ideas. She published ELIE HALEVY: AN INTELLECTUAL BIOGRAPHY (1980). As co-author of the Cengage Learning text WESTERN CIVILIZATION: IDEAS, POLITICS, AND SOCIETY she contributes the chapters on the Industrial Revolution, the Industrial West, and Imperialism.
- Author(s)James Jacob,Margaret Jacob,Marvin Perry,Myrna Chase,Theodore H. Von Laue
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight790 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement10th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.