CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of primary, secondary, and visual sources for the Western Civilization survey course provides a broad introduction to the materials historians use, the interpretations historians make, and hundreds of years of Western civilization. Its broad selection of documents, photographs, maps, and charts, and its full array of accompanying commentaries - drawn from a balanced spectrum of perspectives and approaches - offer valuable insight into the work of historians and provide the context that helps students understand the texts' full historical significance.
- Author BiographyDennis Sherman is Professor of History at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, the City University of New York. He received his B.A. (1962) and J.D. (1965) degrees from the University of California at Berkeley and his Ph.D. (1970) from the University of Michigan . . He was Visiting Professor at the University of Paris (1978-79; 1985). He has received the Ford Foundation Prize Fellowship, the Council for Research on Economic History fellowship, and fellowships from the National Endowment for the Humanities. His publications include A Short History of Western Civilization, 8th edition (co-author); Western Civilization: Sources, Images, and Interpretations, 5th edition; World Civilizations: Sources, Images, and Interpretations, 2nd Edition (co-author); a series of introductions in the Garland Library of War and Peace; several articles and reviews on nineteenth-century French economic and social history in American and European journals, and short stories on literary reviews.
- Author(s)Dennis Sherman
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication08/10/2010
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleHistory
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour illustrations, maps, figures
- Weight514 g
- Width213 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.