All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionBeset by competing interests, efforts by federal agencies, Congress, and the courts to balance ecological and ecomic values in the development of federal land policies have produced a wide range of outcomes. This revised and updated volume of Western Public Lands and Environmental Politics examines the interplay between political organizations, interest groups, ecomic conditions, and demographic shifts, offering an explanation of changes in policies during this period that affected the management of rangeland, timber, energy, mineral, and wilderness resources. The book includes an entirely new chapter on wildlife policy and a review of different federal programs affecting public lands. It will be of interest to students and scholars of environmental politics and policy, natural resource management, public policy, and environmental history as well as to the general reader.
- Author BiographyCharles Davis is professor of political science at Colorado State University and the author of The Politics of Hazardous Waste(1993).
- Author(s)Charles Davis
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication19/12/2000
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.