Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionWestern Stock Ranching was first published in 1950. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital techlogy to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions. Successful management of a stock ranch today requires a thorough, specialized kwledge of the land, the livestock, and the financial methods involved. This facts and figures study by an expert with long experience as a range ecomist deals with the working problems of sheep and cattle ranching and provides authoritative information on how to operate a ranch profitably.The business of ranching is analyzed in terms of markets, prices and incomes, management standards and guides for production, financial planning and reports, production cost analysis, ranch appraisal, rangeland management, and procedures in the use of government lands. The various natural regions of the West are surveyed and the types of ranches found in each section are described.In addition to considering in detail everyday ranch problems, the author realistically discusses the long-range problems confronting western stock ranchers as a group. Photographs, tables, sample accounting forms, and actual case illustrations add greatly to the usefulness of the book.Owners and operators of stock ranches, persons planning to enter the business, professional agriculturalists specializing in credit, marketing, or management, and teachers of courses in ranch management and ecomy will find this an invaluable reference or text.
- Author BiographyMont Saunderson was a western range economist with the United States Forest Service. He also served as a ranch economist at Montana State College. Much of the material in this volume is based on field surveys and range management studies in which he worked closely with modern stock ranch operators.
- Author(s)Mont H Saunderson
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1950
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleMinnesota Archive Editions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight363 g
- Width145 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.