All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionGrooming a puppy is like painting a picture during an earthquake. It's wet. It's wild. And if done poorly, can create behavior issues that will force the owner into several different grooming shops throughout the dogs life. Learn first hand from a professional groomer the ins and outs of grooming a puppy. A step by step manual to train a puppy the grooming process, is easy to follow whether you are a professional groomer, pet owner or trainer. Very few puppy books give you detailed instructions on grooming and as dogs become more varied in their genetics, as well as becoming firmly entrenched in our family unit, grooming is a necessity to maintain a healthy, happy canine. Wet & Wild Puppy Grooming was developed over five years and takes into consideration age, personality, temperament and gives strategies in handling these differences to make the first, second and third groom a positive experience for both puppy and groomer. All puppies, whether they will need several grooming sessions a year or a few sessions a year in their adult life, benefit from the training methods in this book. The puppy is taught all aspects of grooming in a positive, gradual manner. Equipment is introduced in a safe manner. Commands and positions are taught to the puppy and the groomer is taught how to teach the puppy. Full of invative and fun training techniques that anyone can implement and understand, that turns grooming into a pleasure rather than a chore. A trouble shooting guide for each session is included filled with different strategies to help the puppy accept aspects of grooming different body parts. For the professional, there are marketing suggestions to allow more puppies to access the program. Anyone involved with puppies will benefit from this book.
- Author BiographyI have been fortunate to do what I wanted to do since I was a little girl. Work with animals. My path has taken me down the road of veterinarian assistant for domestic and exotic pets, wildlife rehabilitation, animal rescue with different SPCA's, dog training, grooming and now writing. There has always been one constant in this path we call life, I've always had at least one dog walking with me, following me or causing me to chase them. My life as a dog trainer started in the early nineteen eighties when I was asked to stay on as an apprentice after taking Quila, my shepherd cross through obedience classes. From there I started competing in obedience, conformation, agility and fly ball with Toshi, Kitt, Jake and Boo. After attaining an instructor's certification for dog obedience, I held a variety of pet obedience classes in different places I lived. My specialization became training dogs deemed un-trainable. Working in veterinary clinics kept me busy for ten years and eventually led me into pet grooming in the nineteen nineties. Combining my knowledge and skill as a dog trainer with my experience from veterinary clinics, I began to specialize in the dogs that were refused by other groomers. I love grooming dogs and cats, and still specialize in behavior dogs both in training and in grooming.
- Author(s)Jackie Larocque Cpg
- PublisherRed Willow Publishing
- Date of Publication20/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Willow Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.