All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA talented director with the right cinematography crew may see in his or her head exactly the movie he wants to make. But to realize that vision he must have the right sets, costumes, characters, weapons and vehicles. These are exactly what the geniuses at Weta Workshop provide. Based in Wellington, New Zealand, these two companies, partially owned by Peter Jackson, have provided the creative support for some of the most ground-breaking and acclaimed movies of all time. Such movies include: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Avatar, The Hobbit trilogy, The Avengers, Prometheus, District 9, The Adventures of Tintin, King Kong, The Chronicles of Narnia, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Elysium
- Author BiographyWeta Workshop is a multi-award winning conceptual design and physical manufacturing facility based out of Wellington, New Zealand, servicing the world's entertainment and wider creative industries. Weta Workshop is also a multi-disciplinary facility, with crew members expert in a diverse range of disciplines all housed under the one roof. These services include conceptual design and the manufacturing of weapons, armor and chainmail, specialist props, custom vehicles, specialty costumes, miniatures and models, special makeup and prosthetics, and public art installations or displays.
- PrizesShortlisted for Sir Julius Vogel Award for Best Professional Publication 2015.
- Author(s)Luke Hawker
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication20/10/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Introduction byRichard Taylor
- Foreword byPeter Jackson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.