Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionA love story in which a faded old queen finds his life slipping away from him along with his young lover, who meets a new, younger man. One day when I was sitting in a tiny little basement bar I ticed a man sitting alone at the bar--an elegant old queen with swy white hair perfectly sculpted around his translucent face. His eyes could have been any colour--they were empty. He remained very still, holding a brandy snifter with great reverence while a steady stream of tears flowed down his cheeks. I suddenly found myself inventing his history, wondering what it must have been like for him growing up gay--maybe in a small fishing village on the east coast. Had he been ridiculed by his peers? Disowned by his parents? Did he run to a big city at too early an age? Cast of 3 men.
- Author BiographyBryden MacDonald Bryden MacDonald is a playwright, director, dramaturge, and teacher. His published plays are Whale Riding Weather, The Weekend Healer, and Divinity Bash/nine lives. His latest play, With Bated Breath, premiered at Montreal's Centaur Theatre in April 2009. He has created and directed theatrical interpretations of the words and music of Leonard Cohen (Sincerely a Friend), Carol Pope & Rough Trade (Shaking the Foundations), and Joni Mitchell (When All the Slaves Are Free). He has taught and coached students at The National Theatre School of Canada and McGill University, served as resident dramaturge at Playwrights Workshop Montreal, and was the mentoring director for Imago Theatre's Inaugural Directors' Gym. He has conducted workshops or been artist-in-residence or guest artist at a number of theatres and festivals across the country, including The Stratford Shakespeare Festival, Factory Theatre, and Neptune Theatre. He has sat on juries at The Canada Council and been a member of the board of directors for The Quebec Drama Federation. He is happy to be making his home in Nova Scotia again.
- Author(s)Bryden MacDonald
- PublisherTalon Books,Canada
- Date of Publication01/01/1994
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTalon Books,Canada
- Weight171 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.