All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionOver almost three decades Hervey Bay has deservedly earned the reputation for being the whale watch capital of the world. Nowhere else can you experience the thrill of being so close to these majestic animals, with many encounters initiated by the whales themselves. Indeed, it is often a case of 'who is watching who'? Protected by Fraser Island, the waters of Hervey Bay offer the whales ideal conditions for some time out from their long and arduous journey from their calving grounds in the rth, to their feeding grounds in the Southern Ocean. It is here where the most amazing experiences can be had. Ones that will be remembered for a lifetime, and ones that often become life changing.
- Author BiographyJacinta Padgett has over 15 years' experience working in the tourism, environmental and natural resources sectors, including the whale watching industry. She has held positions as a marine mammal trainer, interpretive ranger, marine biologist and conservation officer. She has qualifications in Environmental Science and a passion for environmental education, believing that engaging with the natural world is the key to understanding and conservation. After discovering a love of writing, and completing Freelance Journalism studies, Jacinta has released two children's books (in a series of five) designed to instill a sense of wonder and enjoyment of the natural world in younger readers. 'Whale Watching in Hervey Bay: the whale watch capital of the world' is her first reference book.
- Author(s)Jacinta Padgett
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.