All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionWith all the issues facing The United Methodist Church today, there are plenty of theories and opinions about what we should do. Frankly, many of us are weary of the relentless bickering associated with all the rhetoric. What are we fighting for? This question t only points us to the futility of our disunity but also compels us to consider what we are fighting for--what deserves our greatest intensity and effort as we seek to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ. </p> Bishop Thomas J. Bickerton offers a way to move beyond all the discord to a hope-filled future by exploring how we can come together around what matters most so that the gospel of Jesus Christ becomes a vibrant part of our lives and witness. He says that fights, feuds, and uncertainties can distract us, leaving us ineffective and mired in mediocrity and decline; but focusing on what matters most causes our ministries to flourish and the church to become a relevant and vital presence in the community and world. With a warm and practical approach, he leads us on a journey of discernment, inviting us to explore: </p><ul><li> the spiritual problem at the heart of the issues we're facing, </li><li>three foundational reminders</li><li>guidelines for determining the essentials necessary to make disciples, </li><li>a motto for working together in the midst of disagreement, </li><li> and thoughts about the ultimate essential, love. </li></ul> The Small Group DVD features Thomas J. Bickerton in a warm and engaging manner in 10-15 minute videos to be used with each session. </p>
- Author(s)Thomas J Bickerton
- PublisherAbingdon Press
- Date of Publication19/04/2016
- FormatDVD video
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleWhat Are We Fighting For?
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbingdon Press
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.