All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe basis for the PBS Special, What Are You Hungry For? is the breakthrough book that can bring weight under effortless control by linking it to personal fulfillment in every area of a reader's life.After promoting this message worldwide for thirty years, bestselling author Deepak Chopra focuses on the huge problem of weight control in America with exciting new concepts. What are you hungry for? Food? Love? Self-esteem? Peace? In this manual for higher health, based on the latest findings in both mainstream and alternative medicine, Deepak Chopra creates a vision of weight loss based on a deeper awareness of why people overeat - because they are trying to find satisfaction and wind up using food as a substitute for real fulfillment. Repudiating the failed approaches of crash dieting and all forms of deprivation, Chopra's new book aims directly at the problem of finding fulfillment. When that problem is solved, he argues, rmal eating falls into place automatically, and the entire system of mind and body achieves what it really desires. Everyone's life story is complicated, and the best intentions go astray because people find it hard to change, writes Chopra. Bad habits, like bad memories, stick around stubbornly when we wish they'd go away. But you have a great motivation working for you, which is your desire for happiness. I define happiness as the state of fulfillment, and everyone wants to be fulfilled. If you keep your eye on this, your most basic motivation, then the choices you make come down to a single question: What am I hungry for? Your true desire will lead you in the right direction. False desires lead in the wrong direction. Wherever you are in life, this book will help point you in that right direction. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyDEEPAK CHOPRA, MD, a member of Oprah's SuperSoul 100, is the author of more than 75 books translated into over 35 languages, including numerous New York Times bestsellers. Visit him at DeepakChopra.com. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Deepak Chopra
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width132 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.