All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionSome time in the 1840s, Narcisse, a young French sailor is abandoned on the coast of Australia and given up for dead by his shipmates. Seventeen years later he is found living among aboriginal peoples, having apparently forgotten everything of his original identity, including his native French language. Octave de Vallombrun, a well-meaning geographer, takes him under his wing and sets out to bring Narcisse, w kwn as the white savage back to civilisation and to find out what happened during those seventeen years. Observing Narcisse s struggle to adjust to the ways of the white man, Octave too begins to question his assumptions about what it means to be civilised, and to see in a new light the man kwn as the white savage .
- PrizesWinner of Prix Goncourt du Premier Roman 2012.
- Author(s)Francois Garde
- PublisherDedalus Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleDedalus Europe 2015
- Place of PublicationCambs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDedalus Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byAneesa Abbas Higgins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.