All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first resume book from the What Color Is Your Parachute? career guru Richard Bolles. Resumes get an average of eight seconds of attention before going in the trash or getting on the shortlist. That s just one of the findings reportedhere, as legendary career expert Richard N. Bolles presents new researchabout resumes in a guide that summarizes everything job-hunters and career-changers need to kw about this essential tool. This timely resource features the latest research on important resume topics such as key words, soft skills, scanning software, social media, and online posting. Bolles argues that on the basis of what we w kw, we need to rethink what a resume is and how it should be written. He details the words that must be avoided, and the words that must be used, on a resume that wins you interviews. This slim volume distills a huge amount of information down to its very essence. Armed with tips and shortcuts based on the author s decades of experience, you can craft a resume and cover letter that will stand out to your dream employers and increase your chances of getting interviews and landing jobs.
- Author BiographyRICHARD N. BOLLES is considered to be the father of the modern career development field and is the author of the best-selling job-hunting book of all time, What Color Is Your Parachute?, which has sold more than10 millioncopies in twenty languages. He has keynoted hundreds ofconferences and has been featured in the New York Times, Fortune, Fast Company, the Economist, Bloomberg Businessweek, and the Wall Street Journal. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife, Marci.
- Author(s)Richard N. Bolles
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication16/05/2014
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.