All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTherapists are used to asking questions, t answering them. What Do I Say? shows how client questions matter how difficult or uncomfortable can be used to support the therapeutic process rather than derail the therapist-client relationship. Jargon-free and conversational in tone, this book provides guidance on how to answer questions on such hot-button topics as sex, religion, money, disclosing personal information, and setting boundaries. Counselors and other mental health professionals will find essential guidance from the authors' examples drawn from their own lives and work.
- Author BiographyLinda N. Edelstein, PhD, is a supervisor and clinical psychologist with thirty years' experience. She has been teaching graduate students since 1987. For the last seven years, she has taught a popular graduate course entitled Adult Development at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. Prior to this appointment, she was on the faculty at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology for fifteen years, where students twice voted her Teacher of the Year. She maintains a practice in Evanston and Chicago. Charles A. Waehler, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Collaborative Program in Counseling Psychology at The University of Akron. He has taught both beginning and advanced practica, assessment courses, and classes in personality and psychopathology. Dr. Waehler is a Fellow in the Society for Personality Assessment. Throughout his academic career, Dr. Waehler has been a practicing psychologist seeing individual adolescents and adults. For the last fifteen years, he has been affiliated with Cornerstone Psychological Services in Medina, Ohio. His research interests include the counseling process and personality assessment.
- Author(s)Charles A. Waehler,Linda N. Edelstein
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight554 g
- Width157 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine27 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.