What Does Dead Mean?: A Book for Young Children to Help Explain Death and Dying by Caroline Jay, Jenni Thomas (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionWhat Does Dead Mean? is a beautifully illustrated book that guides children gently through 17 of the 'big' questions they often ask about death and dying. Questions such as 'Is being dead like sleeping?', 'Why do people have to die?' and 'Where do dead people go?' are answered simply, truthfully and clearly to help adults explain to children what happens when someone dies. Prompts encourage children to explore the concepts by talking about, drawing or painting what they think or feel about the questions and answers. Suitable for children aged 4+, this is an ideal book for parents and carers to read with their children, as well as teachers, therapists and counsellors working with young children.
- Author BiographyCaroline Jay founded and runs the Seeds of Hope Children's Garden, a national charity which aims to promote the use of nature in helping children manage loss. For twelve years she ran a SANDS (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society) group, supporting families who have lost babies. Jenni Thomas OBE is widely recognised in the UK as a leading authority in grief support and education. She founded Child Bereavement UK (formerly the Child Bereavement Charity), and is now Patron of the Angus Lawson Memorial Trust and Rosie's Rainbow Fund. She has over 40 years' experience supporting grieving families and children.
- Author(s)Caroline Jay,Jenni Thomas
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note27 colour illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Unity Joy Dale
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.