All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionOn August 31st, 2007, then 27-year-old Marissa Kristal was running on a treadmill when the most excruciating pain she ever felt struck her in back of her head and immediately washed over her entire skull. She was certain she was having an aneurysm. Mercifully, she was wrong. Marissa suffered a subarachid hemorrhage (SAH). This means a vein in her brain burst. When a person suffers a SAH the cerebrospinal fluid in the subarachid space becomes bloody - a very dangerous and often life-threatening occurrence. Sufferers tend to experience the worst headache of their lives. The pain is sudden and acute, and usually makes people feel dizzy, see double, become nauseous, get a stiff neck, feel a 'popping' sensation in their head, and even begin to lose their mental abilities. Marissa experienced all these symptoms. A healthy and active young woman, before this terrifying incident Marissa had a sparkling health record. Now, she is the girl who stared death in the face and prevailed. Marissa could have easily died that day, or lost any number of her cognitive abilities, but she didn't. This is Marissa's tale of survival, and the tremendous growth, self-discovery and assuredness that comes from fighting for your life. Anyone that has ever faced hardship and ultimately triumphed will be inspired by What Doesn't Kill You.
- Author BiographyMarissa Kristal has written for various print and online publications such as Time Out New York, Psychology Today, RunnersWorld.com and FOXnews.com to name a few. The genres she's covered range from health and wellness, to beauty and fashion, to dating and relationships, and the arts. But, as a self-proclaimed Chronicler of Life, Marissa's specialty-and passion-lies in nonfiction and memoir writing. Visit Marissa's website at: www.marissakristal.com.
- Author(s)Marissa Kristal
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.