Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for pre-service teachers and teachers new to the field of ELT, Volume II and its companion are companion textbook, Volume I, are volumes organized around the key question: What do teachers need to kw and be able to do in order for their students to learn English? Volume I covers the characteristics of the context in which teachers work, how English works and how it is learned, and the teacher's role in the larger professional sphere of English language education. Volume II covers the three main facets of teaching: planning, instructing, and assessing. The focus throughout is on outcomes, that is, student learning. The texts work for teachers across different contexts (countries where English is the dominant language, one of the official languages, or taught as a foreign language); different levels (elementary/primary, secondary, college or university, or adult education), and different learning purposes (general English, workplace English, English for academic purposes, or English for specific purposes).
- Author BiographyDenise E. Murray is Professor Emeritus, Macquarie University, Australia, and Professor Emeritus, San Jose State University .She has taught prospective and in-service ELT teachers for more than 4 decades in Australia, the US, the UK, and Thailand; has developed numerous courses in MA TESOL programs in Australia and the US; has conducted research in this area, and has published her work in 17 books and more than 100 articles in professional journals, as book chapters, or conference proceedings. MaryAnn Christison is Professor, Department of Linguistics, University of Utah, US. She teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in both the MA and PhD programs. Chrisison has taught pre-service and in-service ELT teachers for more than 3 decades in 26 countries -- including India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Peru, Taiwan, China, Colombia, Morocco, and Russia, and has authored and co-authored 16 books, 12 multi-media programs, and 92 articles in professional journals, as book chapters, or in conference proceedings.
- Author(s)Denise E. Murray,MaryAnn Christison
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleESL & Applied Linguistics Professional Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.