All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- Description'Contains critical information that administrators need as they navigate special education policies and procedures. Administrators will discover a practical process for t only improving the quality of special education services, but also for transforming the teaching/learning cycle for all students.' Kim Benton, Executive Director of Federal Programs and Special Populations Meridian Public Schools, MSLead effective special education programs that promote student achievement! The No Child Left Behind Act and other recent federal mandates have established a new level of accountability for special education programs. Updated to reflect these changes, this practical guide assists principals in developing special education programs that address current standards and students' diverse needs. The second edition of McLaughlin's bestseller provides a straightforward overview of special education for principals and other administrators. This resource offers insights on how to lead programs for students with special needs and covers basic legal and procedural information. Written by a well-kwn and respected scholar in special education, this guide includes new information that enables principals to: Fulfill requirements of NCLB and the 2004 reauthorization of IDEA, including standards-based individualized education programs Ensure that special education students can appropriately access the general curriculum Understand standardized testing options and accommodations to comply with federal law Support accurate identification and eligibility decisions, including Response to Intervention procedures Promote positive behavior and encourage family involvement Help your students with disabilities reach their full potential through high-quality special education programs and services.
- Author BiographyMargaret McLaughlin has been involved in special education all of her professional career, beginning as a teacher of students with serious emotional and behavior disorders. Currently she is the associate director of the Institute for the Study of Exceptional Children, a research institute within the College of Education at the University of Maryland. She directs several national projects investigating educational reform and students with disabilities, including the national Educational Policy Reform Research Institute (EPRRI), a consortium involving the University Maryland; The National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO); and the Urban Special Education Collaborative. She also directs a national research project investigating special education in charter schools and leads a policy leadership doctoral and postdoctoral program in conducting large-scale research in special education. McLaughlin has worked in Bosnia, Nicaragua, and Guatemala in developing programs for students with developmental disabilities. She has consulted with numerous state departments of education and local education agencies on issues related to students with disabilities and the impact of standards-driven reform policies. McLaughlin co-chaired the National Academy of Sciences Committee on Goals 2000 and Students with Disabilities, which resulted in the report Educating One and All. She was a member of the NAS committee on the disproportionate representation of minority students in special education. McLaughlin teaches graduate courses in disability policy and has written extensively in the area of school reform and students with disabilities. She earned her PhD at the University of Virginia and has held positions at the U.S. Office of Education and the University of Washington.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication10/11/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight249 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMargaret J. McLaughlin
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.