All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionWhat Every Therapist Needs to Kw About Anxiety Disorders is an integrated and practical approach to treating anxiety disorders for general psychotherapists. What is new and exciting is its focus on changing a patient's relationship to anxiety in order to enable enduring recovery rather than merely offering a menu of techniques for controlling symptoms. Neither a CBT manual r an academic text r a self-help book, What Every Therapist Needs to Kw About Anxiety Disorders offers page after page of key insights into ways to help patients suffering from phobias, panic attacks, unwanted intrusive thoughts, compulsions and worries. The authors offer a rich array of therapist-patient vignettes, case examples, stories, and metaphors that will complement the work of trainees and experienced clinicians of every orientation. Readers will come away from the book with a new framework for understanding some of the most frustrating clinical challenges in anxiety disorders, including reassurance junkies, endless obsessional loops, and the paradoxical effects of effort.
- Author BiographyMartin N. Seif, PhD, ABPP, cofounded the Anxiety and Depression Association of America and was a member of its board of directors from 1977 through 1991. Dr. Seif is associate director of the Anxiety and Phobia Treatment Center at White Plains Hospital and a faculty member of New York Presbyterian Hospital/Cornell Medical School. He maintains a private practice in Manhattan and Greenwich, Connecticut, and leads Freedom to Fly, an airport-based program for fearful fliers. Sally Winston, PsyD, cofounded the Anxiety and Stress Disorders Institute of Maryland, where she is codirector. She is the inaugural recipient of the Jerilyn Ross Award of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America and has decades of experience treating patients, training therapists, and advocating for public awareness of anxiety disorders and advances in their treatment. She has given training workshops in the US, Canada, Asia, and Africa.
- Author(s)Martin N. Seif,Sally Winston
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 6 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.