Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $23.24
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
About this product
- DescriptionAll the large churches in the world agree on this: communion is the highest expression of the church unity. Yet it is exactly the act of communion that historically has given rise to vehement controversies among the churches. This new book t only explores the meaning of holy communion but also marks a turning point on the way to common understanding. Welker gives a clear explanation of holy communion based on the biblical tradition and evaluates the ecumenical discourse on communion of the past thirty years. In the process he answers such often posed questions as What do we mean when we say that Christ is present in communion? How are Christ's body and blood connected with bread and wine? What is the difference between the Christian Supper and the Jewish Passover meal? and Are children allowed to share in communion?
- Author(s)Michael Welker
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Out-of-print date11/06/2015
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width146 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.