Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionWithin each of us are stories that have the power to inspire, challenge, motivate and guide generations of our families.The truth is, there is such thing as an ordinary life. And the stories of our lives are the greatest legacy we can leave to our families and loved ones. Martin Forrestal is dying. From his hospital bed, he conceives a plan to share the stories from his life that will be his greatest legacy to his family. He wants them to kw who he was, understand what he believed in, appreciate what he fought for, and see exactly how values shaped and guided his life. Martin takes up a pad of paper, and in large letters writes: What Matters? During a long night of reflection, eighty-two year old Martin identifies the values that matter most to him. His list begins with the value of Love. By the time the sun is rising outside his hospital window, he has identified fourteen values, from Responsibility to Family Unity. As family and friends come to say their good-byes, Martin records his stories. The action of the vel flows back and forth across more than a century, from an icy mountain cave where he was trapped by an avalanche with his Scout Troop, to a tiny coral island in the Pacific that saw some of WW II s bloodiest combat. From a pioneer cabin in old Montana on Christmas morning, to the sweeping plains of the Argentine pampas, Martin recounts how each of the values on his list were forged into his character. He is t financially wealthy. But he kws that by sharing What Matters with generations of his family, he is passing a far more important and enduring legacy than material wealth. What Matters brims with original stories, heartfelt emotions, and the eloquence of simple truths. Many of the chapters can be enjoyed as stand-alone stories.
- Author BiographyOver a professional career spanning nearly three decades, Cam Thornton has asked hundreds of people what they consider to be the measure of a good life. Again and again he hears that the long-term unity and health of their family, and the success of organizations they support, are at the top of their list when they consider their personal legacy. Cam s focus on helping people to secure multi-generational health and unity for their families was the inspiration for his partnering with his co-author Rod Zeeb to write What Matters. Coauthor Rod Zeeb is the nations preeminent advocate for reforming traditional financial and estate planning to include a true multi-generational perspective. In his speeches, articles and white papers, as well as in his best-selling book, Beating the Midas Curse, Rod lays out the case for planning that puts family before fortune. Audiences around the country have heard Rod cite case studies, voluminous research and two decades of professional experience that show why planning for the future of your family is not the same as planning for the future of your money. Historically, nine out of ten families fail when it comes to retaining both their family unity and their assets for more than two generations, says Rod. What Matters shows individuals and families how the simple act of telling your life story can have a profound impact on your family for generations to come.
- Author(s)Rod Zeeb
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date03/11/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.