All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Wilding offers an arresting answer, plotting out a new course for Britain's troubled relationship with Europe. He channels the pride Britain draws from its heritage through the prejudice Britain has historically had against Europe, and proposes a new popular-based platform for British influence in Europe: 'smart power'. Wilding identifies how British leaders from Pitt to Cameron have attempted to use exactly this 'smart power' in their approach to Europe. He tells the story of their shared experiences in forging Churchill's strategy - a long-term plan which put Britain at the heart of Europe and the Commonwealth and alongside the United States - and applies it to Britain today. Outlining a new approach for Britain's leaders, Wilding proposes a new, positive vision to position Britain in a fast-changing and fractured world. His book will provide valuable new perspectives on the debate about what Britain does next after the EU referendum.
- Author BiographyPeter Wilding is the Founder and Chair of the think tank British Influence. He has worked in European affairs for over twenty years, including practicing and lecturing as a solicitor in EU law. He has previously been Head of Media for the Conservative Party in the European Parliament, Director of CabinetDN, a Brussels public affairs consultancy, and Europe Director for BSkyB.
- Author(s)Peter Wilding
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight181 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.