All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn this humorous guide, John C. Holbert and Alyce M. McKenzie provide helpful and practical advice for avoiding the common mistakes that many preachers make in their sermons. Useful for preachers, students, and teachers alike, What Not to Say addresses how to use language about God, how to use stories in preaching, and what t to say (and what to say) in the beginning, middle, and end of sermons. A companion video with preaching illustrations is available online at wjkbooks.com.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Holbert is the Lois Craddock Perkins Professor of Homiletics at Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University, in Dallas, Texas. He is the author of several books and articles on preaching. Alyce M. McKenzie is Professor of Homiletics at Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University, in Dallas, Texas. She is the author of several books, including The Parables for Today, Preaching Proverbs: Wisdom for the Pulpit, and Novel Preaching.
- Author(s)Alyce M. McKenzie,John C. Holbert
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight193 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.