All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionChronic headaches make the lives of the individuals who suffer from them miserable. Chronic headaches include tension-type headaches, which affect nearly 78 per cent of US adults, and migraines, which affect 16 per cent of US Adults and 11 per cent of US children. Headache disorders are a major contributing factor to disability and lost-work time worldwide. Altogether, diagsis and treatment of headaches make up 20 per cent of all outpatient visits to neurologists. The direct financial burden of caring for migraine headache patients alone In the U.S. is 2.5 billion per year. What Nurses Kw...Headache is written by someone who's experienced having headaches all of her life. Some risk factors are t easily modifiable - family history of migraine, for example. But others, such as stress, diet, and the overuse of medications, are much more easily modified, through physician guidance, patient education, and support. Other preventive strategies include following specialized diets and using mind-body techniques such as deep relaxation, visualization, and biofeedback to help patients gain control over their headaches. What Nurses Kw...Headache discusses headaches in terms of risk symptoms, diagsis, treatment, prevention, and risk factors. What Nurses Kw...Headache includes: headache basics; information on how to build your healthcare team; discussion of over a dozen headache types based the American Headache Society classification; headache care basics, including coping measures, support strategies, and future treatments on the horizon; a comprehensive list of proven headache-prevention diets; and, an in-depth glossary enabling the reader to understand the language of headaches .
- Author BiographyWendy Cohan, RN, Wendy Cohan counsels patients with celiac disease, gluten intolerance, bladder-related health conditions and headaches. Her background on headache comes from a combination of education and lifestyle experience, her personal health journey, and her life-long interest in health and nutrition.
- Author(s)Wendy Cohan
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.